MetaMask® Wallet - The crypto wallet for Defi, Web3 Dapps
MetaMask Wallet is a software cryptocurrency wallet used to interact with the Ethereum blockchain. It allows users to access their Ethereum wallet through a browser extension.
MetaMask® Wallet- The crypto wallet for Defi, Web3 DappsOUR TAKEMetaMask is a popular cryptocurrency wallet that supports a broad range of Ethereum-based tokens and non-fungible tokens (NFTs) on supported blockchains. While experienced crypto investors may appreciate the speed and simplicity of the wallet, new investors may find it difficult to navigate. In addition, the wallet does not support Bitcoin, making it a turn-off for investors whose primary investment is Bitcoin.While all leading cryptocurrency wallets provide a high level of security for safekeeping your crypto assets, improper security practices on behalf of the user can lead to a complete loss of funds. Crypto enthusiasts should take care to store the bulk of their assets meant for trading on exchanges using cold storage methods, and never share your wallet’s login details, recovery phrase, or private keys with anyone.
- PROS & CONS
- COMPANY OVERVIEW
- Easy setup process
- Earn rewards via staking and holding
- Supports a broad range of Ethereum-based tokens
- Central hub for dApp
- No coin-to-fiat conversion
- Absence of 24/7 live customer support
- Easy setup process: Downloading and setting up MetaMask across several platforms is relatively easy. Users can start by creating one wallet and importing it across platforms using the 12-word seed phrase.
- Earn rewards via staking and holding: MetaMask users can earn additional tokens through airdrops and staking.1 Staking is the process of locking up tokens in a vault for a certain period to make a profit represented in APY.
- Supports a broad range of Ethereum-based tokens: MetaMask supports diverse crypto assets built on the Ethereum network. Examples include Ethereum (ETH), Tether (USDT), USD Coin (UADC), and several others.2
- Central hub for dApps: MetaMask supports a broad range of decentralized applications (dApps), which are essential for builders, NFT, and Web 3 enthusiasts.2
- No coin-to-fiat conversion: As a decentralized wallet, MetaMask does not support third-party remittance companies, hence users do not have the luxury of directly converting coins to fiat currency.
- Absence of 24/7 live customer support: While MetaMask may be good for the majority of its services, customer support is not one of its strengths. Given that the wallet is quite technical for beginners, there is a need for a 24/7 support system. Unfortunately, it does not have one that operates around the clock.